Give me all the Mexican food! Seriously, I love it. While it is delicious and going out for Mexican is always a treat, I definitely don’t feel great after eating it. So we decided to make our own cleaner version so we can enjoy it without any guilt or bloat.
- 2 Flank Steaks
- Coconut Oil
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 White Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 Lime
- Cauliflower Rice (Fresh or Frozen)
- Optional, Tortillas if you want to make this a taco or burrito. We like to use Siete Brand since they are grain free and delicious!
- Sprinkle your steaks with salt, pepper, and cumin.
- Cook steaks over medium heat or on a grill.
- Squeeze the juice of one lime on both sides of the steak while it is cooking.
- While your steaks are cooking slice your Bell Peppers and Onions in thin strips
- In 1 Tbsp. of Coconut Oil sauté your Bell Peppers and Onion for 2 -4 min. Push your veggies to the side and add your cauliflower rice to the pan and cook until cooked through
- Check your steaks and set aside once they are cooked to your desired temperature. Let them rest for a few minuets before you slice.
- Prep your bowl or warm your tortillas.
- Garnish with Avocado and your favorite sugar free salsa or hot sauce.
We hope you enjoy this simple twist on traditional fajitas, making it a little cleaner yet still delish!
Katie and Judy