We’re always looking for ways to keep our salads delicious and most importantly, sugar free. This one hit it out of the park!
If you are like us, we like to prep in advance. For this recipe, you can make the Date Dijon Dressing ahead and refrigerate for up to one week. Doing that ahead of time will save you 10 minuets in the kitchen when you are whipping up your salad for lunch.
Date Dijon Dressing
- 4 large Medjool Dates
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/8 Tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/4 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 6-8 Tbsp. Water (or more to get the consistency you desire)
- 1/3 Cup Toasted Pine Nuts
- 10 oz. Spinach
- 1/4 Cup Shallots, diced
- Process the dates until they are broken down and become a ball of date paste.
- Add in Dijon, Vinegar, Salt, Pepper, & Garlic.
- Process until combined.
- While the processor is going, drizzle in the olive oil, and mix until combined.
- Add in Six Tbsp. water and mix until combined.
- Taste and add in extra water if desired.
Add Chicken if you want some extra protein. I like to shred some of the Rotisserie I keep in the fridge to throw in there or anything else I am making in throughout the week. Seriously, the rotisserie is the best ever to have handy.
We hope you enjoy this one! Happy, clean eating!
Judy and Katie