This is delish! Served on a bed of lettuce or wrapped in a lettuce leaf, coconut wrap, tortilla…you can’t go wrong. If you have extra strawberries pile them on!
2 cups cubed chicken. (Make life easy and use rotesserie.)
Directions: Heat oven to 450 F degrees. Toss chicken with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes. Flip and return to the oven. Bake chicken according to size of chicken breast: 5 oz (12-15min), 7 oz (15-20 min), 10 oz (20-25 min), when internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove from oven and cover with a baking dish for 5-10 min. Remove baking dish and transfer to a cutting board. Shred. Store, label and refrigerate your chicken in an air tight container
1/4 cup red onion
Diced cup 1/2 strawberries
1/4 cup celery. Diced
1/4 cup sliced almonds. Toasted
1-2 Tbsp. fresh basil. Chopped
1/4-1/3 cup Primal Kitchen mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. poppy seeds
Salt & pepper to taste
Leaf lettuce or butter lettuce
Chopped green onion
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, onion, celery, and fresh basil.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and poppy seeds. Gently stir into the chicken mixture. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice strawberries. Store separately, label and refrigerate.
- Measure almonds into container and label.
- Combine strawberries and toasted almonds in chicken mixture.
- Serving option: Roll into a wrap or scoop into a lettuce leaf or scoop onto a bed of greens and top with green onions and a few toasted almonds.